We’re looking for volunteers!
As we’re building our organization, we’re in desperate need of volunteers! Our top volunteer needs are below – job descriptions coming soon! – and then apply here! All ages are welcome — for students, academic and community service credit available where appropriate.
- Copyeditor (2-4 hours/week)
- Calendar Director (4-8 hours/week)
- Newsletter Writer (8-10 hours/week)
- Webmaster (5-10 hours/week)
- Social Media Manager (8-10 hours/week)
- Operations Manager (2 hours/week)
- News Editor (variable)
- Opinion Editor (variable)
- Reporter (variable)
- Board Member (variable)
- Translator (variable)
Have a skill or talent you want to add to our team, but it doesn’t fit in any of these jobs? Fill out this form!
Editorial and Staff Meetings are on Monday afternoons in downtown Lexington.
LexObserver follows all local, state, and federal guidelines for COVID-19 safety: meeting via Zoom when appropriate; when in-person, masks, social distancing and medical-grade air filtration required.